Recipe by PanNan
This is posted for the World Tour 2005 event. The source is Mietta's web site, a collection of Australian recipes. I modified the recipe slightly.
Top Review by LousyChef
Maybe I did it wrong, but this was not "dinner" in a presentable way. It was more like Hot Tuna Dip. I had to make some pasta quickly to serve the substance with, in order to make a meal. I still give it 3 stars though, since the flavor was nice and it was easy to put together.
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 12 ounces canned tuna
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus a little more for the top of the casserole
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup peas (cooked or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- 1 tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease an 8x8-inch casserole dish.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan. Sauté the onion until soft but not browned. Add the flour and blend with the onion. Add the milk, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil and boil for 2 or 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, peas, tuna and seasonings. Pour into the casserole. Cover with crushed corn flakes, dot with butter, and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley over the top of the hot casserole. Garnish with tomato wedges and lemon wedges. Serve hot.