Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing drinks for the tropics, from The Australian Heritage Cookbook. For ZWT8.
- 946.36 ml orange juice
- 4 tea bags
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 0.25 ml ground nutmeg
- 4 lemon slices, for garnish
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add all other ingredients except lemon slices.
- Cover and let steep 5 minutes or until desired strength.
- Remove tea bags.
- Allow to cool, then chill.
- Strain and serve in small goblets, garnished with lemon slices.
Alaina, this was wonderful! I must admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but I was trying to get as many recipes made for ZWT8 Australia. What a great find - it will be my favorite hot weather drink for awhile!!! I agree with Baby Kato that the individual spices stand out and they are so good together. Thank you for posting!
This was a lovely tart citrus tea AlainaF. The spice ratio is perfect, you could taste all the individual spices and the juice. It was very refreshing and a great contrast to my sweet breakfast. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fearless Red Dragons - ZWT-8 - Australia