Recipe by NorthwestGal
This is a recipe that I found on the inmamaskitchen website, posted by Margaret Walker, which I am posting here for the Zaar World Tour event. It appealed to me because it is very similar to the potato salad recipe that my mom made for our summertime picnics and potluck gatherings. There is a note at the berginning of the instructions that states there are many varieties of deli-style mustards, and it is best that you not use a smooth mustard for this recipe, but rather you should use a mustard that has a trace of seed still in it.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Very fresh-tasting and flavorful with all that wonderful fresh parsley and cilantro. Don't substitute dried herbs for this! I made this just as written and I think it gets better the longer it chills. I'll make this again..... especially now that grilling season is here. Thanx!
- 6 large potatoes, rinsed in cool water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon deli-style mustard
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently boil potatoes until a skewer will penetrate to the centre. Turn off heat, pour off water and fill the pot with cold water. Leave until potatoes are quite cold. Lift from water and peel off outer skin of potatoes. Chop potatoes into even sized cubes and place into a bowl with onion, parsley and cilantro.
- In small bowl mix together the mustard and mayonnaise. Add to potatoes with chopped eggs, and desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix gently to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.