Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From alldownunder.com, they describe this as 'Aussie hamburger ordered "with the lot" – beetroot, pineapple, fried egg, bacon, grilled onion, cheese, tomato, lettuce'. Sounds like a big tasty burger to me!
- Cut the hamburger roll in half and butter both halves.
- Toast both bun halves on the grill.
- Fry the meat patty, the bacon rashers and the onion.
- Flip the meat patty over and add cheese on top.
- Fry the egg.
- Butter the bun and add tomato sauce to taste. Assemble the hamburger: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, onion, pineapple & the meat patty. Top with bacon, egg, cheese and bun top.
A Great burger..though I omitted the beet, and made 4 of them. Definately needed the napkins, and a knife,but well worth it. Made for a nice Jumbo burger. Kids enjoyed too. Using egg on a burger was a nice change, I usually dont. Made and reviewed for Rookie Tag.
Great Aussie burger. My family really enjoy a good works burger. I made the meat patty with egg, salt and pepper and a little flour. Didn't use the margarine/butter but otherwise made as written. Wouldn't change a thing. Reviewed for the May 2013 recipe swap in the Aus/NZ Forum. Photos posted
You nailed this on! it is the perfect Aussie burger! I used Bar-b-que sauce instead of tomato, that more common here. Queenslanders put grated carrot on their burger, (YUK)
A "works" burger is often presented as an "open " burger, and is eaten with a knife and fork, saves on dry-cleaning :)
made for Aussie swap sept 2012