Recipe by loof
From alldownunder.com, they describe this as 'Aussie hamburger ordered "with the lot" – beetroot, pineapple, fried egg, bacon, grilled onion, cheese, tomato, lettuce'. Sounds like a big tasty burger to me!
Top Review by EntAgncy
I grew up with these burgers either home made or from the milk bar with some potato scallops on the side. The pickled beets are a must. Do make sure they are sweet pickled. I have a feeling some accidentally use the unsweetened which would be gross. Also nice chunky fries. I'm going to have to make one soon again. It does turn into a knife and fork deal but that's part of the goodness. I loved these in Sydney.
- 125 g beef, mince (ground meat)
- 1 egg
- 2 bacon, rashers
- 1 slice cheese
- 1 large slice onion
- 1 large slice tomatoes
- 1 large slice beetroot (beets)
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 hamburger roll
- margarine & tomato sauce (ketchup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the hamburger roll in half and butter both halves.
- Toast both bun halves on the grill.
- Fry the meat patty, the bacon rashers and the onion.
- Flip the meat patty over and add cheese on top.
- Fry the egg.
- Butter the bun and add tomato sauce to taste. Assemble the hamburger: lettuce, tomato, beetroot, onion, pineapple & the meat patty. Top with bacon, egg, cheese and bun top.