Recipe by AlainaF
This recipe comes from The Australian Heritage Cookbook, and is perfect for an appetizer or over a salad. Submitted for ZWT8.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
easy little appetizer, I didn't have hot sauce so I used crushed red pepper flakes. I think next time I'll add a tsp of Good Season's Italian dressing mix. Made for ZWT8 trip to Australia / New Zealand. Thanks Alaina!
- 2 cucumbers
- 250 g cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin the cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with salt and leave to drain.
- Beat the cream cheese, pecans, hot sauce and salt together.
- Dry the cucumbers and spoon the cheese mixture into the center of each half. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and refrigerate.
- When firm cut into slices to serve.