Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Australian Heritage Cookbook, and is perfect for an appetizer or over a salad. Submitted for ZWT8.
- 2 cucumbers
- 250 g cream cheese, softened (8 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Skin the cucumbers, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with salt and leave to drain.
- Beat the cream cheese, pecans, hot sauce and salt together.
- Dry the cucumbers and spoon the cheese mixture into the center of each half. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and refrigerate.
- When firm cut into slices to serve.
easy little appetizer, I didn't have hot sauce so I used crushed red pepper flakes. I think next time I'll add a tsp of Good Season's Italian dressing mix. Made for ZWT8 trip to Australia / New Zealand. Thanks Alaina!
I loved the idea of these, but thought the end result needed more "oomph". They were a terrific use of garden cucumbers, easy to make, & who doesn't like cream cheese? We liked the pecans & hot sauce, but thought they'd be better with additional seasoning. Maybe ranch mix? I'll enjoy experimenting so thank you for the idea!
I had to take a "finger food" dish into work so I happened to have all the ingredients. I don't eat "raw" cucumbers so I let my co-workers assess the rating. This gets a 4, first for how easy it is to make. The main comment I got back was that it needs more spice....one suggestion was maybe adding some horseradish or more hot sauce. Made for ZWT8 and The Wild Bunch.