Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 large red onion
- 1 beef stock cube
- 3 medium potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 (420 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 (420 g) can peas
- 4 medium mushrooms
- 1 kg chuck steak
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1 slow cooker.
- cut up beef into 20mm cubes put in plastic bag with flour. when coated brown off in a fry pan.
- remove from fry pan and place in slow cooker.
- cut up all vegetables 20mm cubes or however you want.put them in the slow cooker, crumble stock cube into mix. add 2 tins of tomatoes and stir. add curry powder,soy,blackbean and hoi sin sauce. stir again and add beef stockslow cook for 5 hours.
- add peas stir slow cook another hour.
- taste on the go for salt and pepper.
- check for consistency if too watery thicken with gravox.