Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - Australia. The recipe was found at Chow Down, Down Under - Aussie Recipes by Linda. Linda states that you can easily vary the chicken with salmon, tuna, sweet corn, asparagus anything savoury or a combination of any of these.
- 1 (8 ounce) packet pastry dough, choux
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken, chopped, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced, cooked
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place the choux pastry mixture on a baking tray lined with non stick baking paper.
- Make 24 puffs, and bake them for 15 minutes,reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F nd cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until the puffs are golden brown.
- Melt the butter and add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually add the milk , stirr constantly and cook for 1 minute then add the chicken and mushrooms and keep hot.
- Place the puffs on a cake cooler and partly split to release steam, remove any soft bits of the mixture from the centre and place the filling into the puffs and replace the tops.
- Adjust oven temperature to 300 degrees F and put the puffs back in the oven for 10 minutes to heat through. When ready garnish the puffs with herb of your choice and serve.