Recipe by threeovens
This BBQ sauce is ready in just 20 minutes.
Top Review by Amanda L.
I don't know that I could call this a BBQ sauce whether in Australia or the U.S. It's simple and not horrible but it's not particularly good. It's essentially a tomato sauce with sugar. The dash of hot sauce is useless and the idea that you bring to a simmer and the garlic has any impact doesn't make sense. No attempt to let flavors develop but there aren't many flavors to begin with. It's edible. Whether it's anything to call a BBQ is highly debateable. A pizza sauce with more sugar and vinegar is what I think resembles more.
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat and stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, garlic, mustard, and salt; bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Brush on your favorite barbecued meats either during the last 5 minutes of cooking, after they are done, or both!