Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The source is the Woolworths Fresh Food People web site. The recipe is modified for posting here.
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 6 ounces sliced water chestnuts (canned, drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine peas, sliced water chestnuts and red pepper. Mix yoghurt, mustard, dill, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to pea mixture and stir to combine ingredients.
- Chill before serving.
I really liked this salad. The water chestnuts offer a delightful crunch in a tart dressing. Very different from the standard pea salads I've tried in the past. I only used a quarter of a red bell & elected to julienne the water chestnuts. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
We enjoyed this salad and especially liked the tangy zing the dill and mustard gave to the dressing, thanks for sharing! Made this for ZWT8 Bistro Babes.
This salad made a lovely presentation and helped cool down the spicy grilled shrimp I served it with. I opted to cut the water chestnuts in small pieces. Made for Bistro Babes, ZWT 8.