Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Australians make this more than any okra dish.
- 1 lb fresh young okra
- 2 red chili peppers
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and cut into long slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch sugar
- Wipe off okra with a damp cloth and leave to dry in a single layer.
- Put the oil in a frying pan and set over medium heat.
- When it is hot, put in the red chilies.
- Let them cook for a few seconds until they puff up.
- Add the garlic and stir once.
- Now toss in okra and cook until it turns bright green 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and continue cooking with pan uncovered another 10 to 15 minutes.
- You will need to stir or shake pan every now and then.
- Finally, add soy sauce sesame oil and sugar.
- Cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.