Recipe by KLBoyle
This is my take on a traditional Australian meal. They kind of remind me of little sloppy joe pocket pies. Very tasty!
Top Review by KPD
you can't go wrong with sloppy joes in puff pastry!! excellent recipe, would make again and again! i always add minced garlic and serrano peppers to me sloppy joe mixture! thanks for posting such a clever keeper, klboyle!!
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed but cold
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon McCormick grill seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet. brown ground beef with the onion and green pepper, about 5-7 minute Drain fat.
- Add flour and cook a minute more.
- In a bowl, combine tomato paste, worcestershire, brown sugar, grill seasoning and broth. Stir into meat mixture.
- Let simmer 10 minute until flavors meld. Take off heat and let cool a bit while you prepare pastry dough.
- Combine egg and water for egg wash.
- Roll cool pastry dough into sheets and cut each into 4 squares.
- Brush edges of pastry square with egg wash and place 2-3 tbs. of meat mixture in center and fold into triangles.
- Place onto pan and bake 12-15 minute or until pies are golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup.