Kate's Kitchen's Note:
My mum and I have been cooking this curry for years. Although Thai in origin, it has become a regular feature in Australian cooking. I laughed when I read a book about an Australian girl living in Paris who cooked green chicken Curry for her startled Parisian friends. I laughed because I probably would have done the same thing! That or a lamb roast!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g chicken breasts or 500 g chicken thighs
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste (to taste)
- 1 green chili, diced seeds removed
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1If you are using dried lime leaves, soak them in hot water until they have softened.
- 2When the lime leaves have softened, remove them from water and slice.
- 3Heat oil in saucepan.
- 4Add the diced green chilies and sliced lime leaves and stir fry until fragrant.
- 5Add green curry paste and stir fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 6Add coconut milk. Add water to thin to desired consistency.
- 7Add fish sauce and sugar.
- 8Bring just to the boil and quickly reduce heat so as not to curdle the coconut milk.
- 9Add chicken and simmer on low. Add zucchini and and peas after about 10 minutes.
- 10Stirring occasionally, simmer on low for another 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 11Add basil right before serving.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Green Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.0
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 80.0 mg
- Sodium 468.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 30.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green curry paste
kaffir lime leaves