Recipe by NorthwestGal
This recipe comes from a bartender at a restaurant on Hamilton Island in the Whitsunday Islands, part of Australia's Great Barrier Reef. There are a few other similar recipes posted to this site. But this one is different by the addition of the creamy, rich chocolate ice cream that gives this wonderful drink that extra shot of chocolatey indulgence that the others are missing. Try it, you'll like it. You can use any brand of ice cream but Haagen-Dazs is recommended because the better the quality of the ingredients, the better the drink.
Top Review by breezermom
As I made it, this made a very large drink! I have to admit, I didn't measure the alcohol, just poured it in in equal measures, eyeballing it. I served this in a very large insulated glass, and there was still more than I could serve in one serving....so maybe you should plan on two servings, which is wonderful, because you will want a second serving!!! I used Bluebell, because I really prefer their ice cream to Haagen-Dazs. Just love their homemade vanillla and dutch chocolate. This made for a wonderful desert drink. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 ice cubes
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka (Absolut)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces irish cream (Bailey's)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Kahlua
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream (Haagen-Dazs)
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream (Haagen-Dazs)
- splash cream, chilled
- chocolate shavings (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by crushing the ice cubes in a blender.
- When ice is crushed, add the next 6 ingredients (from vodka to chocolate ice cream) and blend for 45 seconds on highest setting.
- Pour into tall glass and top with a splash of chilled cream and shaved chocolate. Serve immediately.