1/3 Photos of Australian Desert Salt Body Scrub
" An invigorating treatment from Aurora Spa in St. Kilda, Victoria, combining the best of Australian ingredients: salt from the Australian desert, lavender harvested in Tasmania, Australian bush flower essences, Queensland macadamia oil and the distinct aromas of the Australian bush- eucalyptus and tea tree oil. Salt has anti-inflammatory properties, remineralises the skin and reduces redness. It helps draw out toxins out of the body through osmosis and encourages skin to secrete its natural oils. Lavender helps to restore balance, enhance relaxation, refresh, energise and promote healing. This scrub is a stimulating exfoliate and leaves the skin well nourished and smooth. Do not apply to the face or on sunburnt skin, open cuts or wounds, after shaving or waxing, or to sensitive skin."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup medium-ground australian desert salt (or substitute with sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon crushed tasmania lavender (or any fresh lavender)
- 1/4 cup warmed macadamia nut oil
- 1 drop lavender oil
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- 1Blend salt with the lavender.
- 2Pour the oil into the salt blend to form a slurry.
- 3Add the essential oils.
- 4For aroma therapy benefits, add 7 drops waratah essence (helpful for coping with stress) and 7 drops bottle brush essence (helps emotional bonding).
- 5Stir well.
- 6To use, massage the salt mixture into the body, avoiding the face and sensitive areas. Pay particular attention to the heels, knees and elbows. Rinse off in the shower or bath, or leave for 15 minutes in a steam room before rinsing.
Browse Our Top Bath/Beauty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Australian Desert Salt Body Scrub
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 56586.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macadamia nut oil