Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
" An invigorating treatment from Aurora Spa in St. Kilda, Victoria, combining the best of Australian ingredients: salt from the Australian desert, lavender harvested in Tasmania, Australian bush flower essences, Queensland macadamia oil and the distinct aromas of the Australian bush- eucalyptus and tea tree oil. Salt has anti-inflammatory properties, remineralises the skin and reduces redness. It helps draw out toxins out of the body through osmosis and encourages skin to secrete its natural oils. Lavender helps to restore balance, enhance relaxation, refresh, energise and promote healing. This scrub is a stimulating exfoliate and leaves the skin well nourished and smooth. Do not apply to the face or on sunburnt skin, open cuts or wounds, after shaving or waxing, or to sensitive skin."
- 1⁄2 cup medium-ground australian desert salt (or substitute with sea salt)
- 1 tablespoon crushed tasmania lavender (or any fresh lavender)
- 1⁄4 cup warmed macadamia nut oil
- 1 drop lavender oil
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 1 drop eucalyptus essential oil
- Blend salt with the lavender.
- Pour the oil into the salt blend to form a slurry.
- Add the essential oils.
- For aroma therapy benefits, add 7 drops waratah essence (helpful for coping with stress) and 7 drops bottle brush essence (helps emotional bonding).
- Stir well.
- To use, massage the salt mixture into the body, avoiding the face and sensitive areas. Pay particular attention to the heels, knees and elbows. Rinse off in the shower or bath, or leave for 15 minutes in a steam room before rinsing.
Very easy and impressive! A great gift!
I used common salt and dried lavender from my garden. I renounced to the essential oil as the smell of the homemade lavender was really very strong.
Thanks a lot for this recipe.
I am giving this 5 stars for a couple of reasons. First, IMHO, anything that you can make at home and with natural ingredients beats any chemical laden product that you buy at the store. Second, when DW is happy....everybody is happy. And this stuff makes her REALLY happy! Tip: After you wash, step out of the stream of your shower (better yet, turn off the water) scoop up about a tablespoon or two of the oily salt and rub vigorously onto your arms and legs, moving in long strokes on your limbs, circular strokes on your joints (elbows, knees), working up from the feet and hands toward your heart. Step back into the stream of the shower and rinse this concoction off yourself. Now towel dry. You'll notice that your skin is glowing and smooth. If you feel too oily, rinse longer or start with a 'grainy mix' with less oil in your jar.
I Love this! I have silky smooth skin and smell wonderful along with being baby soft. My DH didn`t like the slippery tub. He got over it once he felt my skin! I did use a lavender and tea tree oil mix. It would have be fun to find waratah essence and bottle brush essence. Thanks! Made for ZWT5