Recipe by Mme M
This isn't really as decadent as it sounds!
Top Review by susie cooks
So, so good!! I halved the recipe and had to use wine ( I was so looking forward to having a glass of champagne but I only had rose champagne). My husband especially enjoyed this. We omitted the almonds. We will make this again, this time with champagne! Made for The Bargain Basement game.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup champagne or 1 cup white wine
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, boiling
- 2 cups milk, heated until just boiling
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 cup freshly snipped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 16 fresh scallops, cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and slightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add leek and garlic, cook until soft. Add rice, stir for 1 minute or until the rice is toasted.
- Add champagne, all at once and cook, stirring until absorbed.
- Add stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly over low heat until all the liquid is absorbed before adding more stock.
- Continue until all the stock is absorbed. Add hot milk, 1 cup at a time until absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir through thyme, chives, lemon rind, and parmesan. Add scallops and cook until scallops are just milky white. Season with black pepper to taste and serve topped with flaked almonds.