Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This isn't really as decadent as it sounds!
Make and share this Australian Champagne and Scallop Risotto recipe from Food.com.
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup champagne or 1 cup white wine
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, boiling
- 2 cups milk, heated until just boiling
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 cup freshly snipped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 16 fresh scallops, cleaned
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted and slightly crushed
- Heat butter in a saucepan, add leek and garlic, cook until soft. Add rice, stir for 1 minute or until the rice is toasted.
- Add champagne, all at once and cook, stirring until absorbed.
- Add stock 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly over low heat until all the liquid is absorbed before adding more stock.
- Continue until all the stock is absorbed. Add hot milk, 1 cup at a time until absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir through thyme, chives, lemon rind, and parmesan. Add scallops and cook until scallops are just milky white. Season with black pepper to taste and serve topped with flaked almonds.
So, so good!! I halved the recipe and had to use wine ( I was so looking forward to having a glass of champagne but I only had rose champagne). My husband especially enjoyed this. We omitted the almonds. We will make this again, this time with champagne! Made for The Bargain Basement game.