Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This isn't for everyone, but worth a try if you're into new things. Testicles can be hard to find, but some butchers carry them. This is a variation on an old recipe.
- 12 lamb testicles
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Remove sinew and membranes from testicles.
- Place into a bowl and cover with water and salt for about an hour to remove the blood.
- Add the testies into a large pot with water to cover (they should float). Add vinegar to water.
- Parboil then drain and rinse.
- Cut each testie into 1/4 inch think slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Mix flour, cornmeal and garlic powder.
- Roll each slice through the mixture.
- Dip into milk, then dip into dry mixture again.
- Dip into red wine.
- Repeat as often as you like for a thick crust.
- Drop into hot cooking oil.
- Remove once golden brown. Don't cook for too long!