Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Austin's is a great local restaurant here in Reno and Lake Tahoe. I have not made this salad, but have eaten it there many times and it is wonderful. The recipe comes from Austin's in a cookbook called "In Good Taste". A great way to use up your left over chili.
- 946.36 ml mixed salad greens
- 236.59 ml chili
- 59.14 ml sliced black olives
- 236.59 ml tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 59.14 ml chopped tomato
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml chives
- ranch dressing
- Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add warmed chili meat, sliced olives, tortilla chips, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chives on top.
- To serve, add ranch dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Divide among 4 salad plates.
- Place additional dollop of sour cream and chives on each plate and serve.
This is so good! I used leftover chili and this went together in about 10 minutes. The combination of the salad ingredients and the chili was excellent. Now I don't have to order Taco Salads anymore, I can make them at home. Thanks HeidiSue for a keeper that I'll repeat often.