Recipe by HeidiSue
Austin's is a great local restaurant here in Reno and Lake Tahoe. I have not made this salad, but have eaten it there many times and it is wonderful. The recipe comes from Austin's in a cookbook called "In Good Taste". A great way to use up your left over chili.
Top Review by lazyme
This is so good! I used leftover chili and this went together in about 10 minutes. The combination of the salad ingredients and the chili was excellent. Now I don't have to order Taco Salads anymore, I can make them at home. Thanks HeidiSue for a keeper that I'll repeat often.
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chili
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup tortilla chips, broken into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- ranch dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add warmed chili meat, sliced olives, tortilla chips, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chives on top.
- To serve, add ranch dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Divide among 4 salad plates.
- Place additional dollop of sour cream and chives on each plate and serve.