Austin's is a great local restaurant here in Reno and Lake Tahoe. I have not made this salad, but have eaten it there many times and it is wonderful. The recipe comes from Austin's in a cookbook called "In Good Taste". A great way to use up your left over chili.
- Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl.
- Add warmed chili meat, sliced olives, tortilla chips, tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add a dollop of sour cream and chives on top.
- To serve, add ranch dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Divide among 4 salad plates.
- Place additional dollop of sour cream and chives on each plate and serve.