Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Look for the giant fork outside of this popular Austin, Texas restaurant. The food is reliably great. I could choose a meal of the french fries and the mac and cheese, personally.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 5 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, Kraft Deluxe Slices (yellow)
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, Kraft Deluxe Slices (white)
- 1⁄4 lb cheese, smoked gouda, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- kosher salt
- 1 lb macaroni, cooked al dente
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- Heat cream and milk in a double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients, except macaroni.
- Heat until cheese is fully melted.
- Salt to taste.
- Fold mixture into macaroni and chill in shallow dishes (or a baking dish). Mixture might seem thin, but it will thicken as it cools.
- Serving instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat desired amount of mac and cheese in microwave. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.Heat in ove until cheese on top is melted.