Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Look for the giant fork outside of this popular Austin, Texas restaurant. The food is reliably great. I could choose a meal of the french fries and the mac and cheese, personally.
- Heat cream and milk in a double boiler.
- Add remaining ingredients, except macaroni.
- Heat until cheese is fully melted.
- Salt to taste.
- Fold mixture into macaroni and chill in shallow dishes (or a baking dish). Mixture might seem thin, but it will thicken as it cools.
- Serving instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat desired amount of mac and cheese in microwave. Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.Heat in ove until cheese on top is melted.