Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Tasty, filling and quick to make.
- 6 chicken breasts, shredded
- 32 ounces fat free sour cream
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons red peppers
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup onion, small diced
- 1 cup green pepper, small diced
- 10 large flour tortillas
- Bake chicken breasts in oven set at 350°F till an internal temp of 165°F
- Shred the chicken and set aside in large bowl. Add red pepper, black pepper, cumin, salt, onions, green peppers, balsamic vinegar, 1/2 the sour cream and 1/2 the cheese. Mix well, cover and chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°Fs.
- In a 9x13 baking pan cover the bottom with enchilada sauce. Just to cover you don't need it to be swimming in it. About a 16th of an inch will do it. Take your mixture out of the fridge and get the flour tortillas out as well. Layout a tortilla and place 1/2 cup of the mixture onto the bottom outside edge of the tortilla and roll it up. Place into the 9x13 pan. You might have to cut one of the ends off to make it fit. Repeat till you have the pan filled with rolled tortillas.
- Pour enchilada sauce onto the tortillas till they are coated, again not swimming in sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese onto the enchiladas and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- When you take them out let them sit for about 5 minutes. Then cut the enchiladas down the middle making 16 portions. Serve with the remaining sour cream and a salad.