Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My husband is originally from Australia. When we go back I am constantly looking though cookbooks. I think I found this is one of my mother-in-laws old cookbooks. This is a very simple recipe made with things usually on hand. Also, big plus my kids love it.
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄2-1 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, use a good cut so to avoid too much grease
- 1 1⁄2 ounces chicken noodle soup mix
- 2 eggs
- Cook the rice with the peas according to package directions. I use a microwave rice cooker, works great. I also put in 1 chicken boullion for flavor.
- While this is cooking chop up the bacon and fry with onion in fry pan. I use kitchen shears to cup up bacon. I like to brown the bacon well, it seems to add extra flavor.
- Add the cooked rice, peas, and soup to the pan. Original recipe didn't call for it, but I add a bit of water at this stage and 1-2 T butter if getting dry looking. Cook for 15 minutes. Helps to put lid on skillet I find. It helps to soften the noodles from the soup mix. Need to keep an eye on the prevent sticking. Add 2 scrambled eggs, cook through. Enjoy!
I needed to use up a package of chicken noodle soup mix and found this recipe. The tastiest fried rice ever!
this was pretty great, I didn't use any onion because I didn't have any, and the bacon I used was some of that real bacon bacon bits stuff, because thats all I had, but I reallly liked it, the soup added really nice flavor