Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A new Texture Vegetable Protein recipe to try from the internet.
- 3 cups textured vegetable protein, dry
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce or 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Place the textured soy protein and tomato paste/sauce in a bowl.
- You need enough tomato sauce to hydrate the textured soy protein.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Add grated carrot or any vegatable that you have.
- You can even add frozen peas or something similar.
- Add egg substitute.
- Spice it up! add garlic, basil, salt and pepper, Use whatever seasonings you prefer.
- Form the mixture into flat balls and place them on a flour covered plate.
- Fry them up on the stove top.
- For best results place the mixture in the fridge for a few hours - or even better overnight.