Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A light Salad for the summer, a complete meal in itself. Tasty and refreshing. I made this one time when the temperature was far too high to turn the stove/oven on...it was 42C on that day... It was delicious and made me feel full but not that awful "heavy full" that one can't bear in Summer.
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into half rings
- 3 cold baked potatoes or 400 g cold cooked pasta
- 300 g raw button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, , cut into wedges
- 1 large avocado
- 250 g canned tuna, broken into bite sized pieces
- 35 ml balsamic vinegar
- lemon, juice of
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried is ok)
- 1 pinch salt
- cracked pepper
- Place Olive oil, herbs salt, Salt, Pepper and Garlic into a Microwave proof jug/container and microwave for 10-20 seconds (BE CAREFUL NOT TO HEAT THIS TOO MUCH, OIL BECOMES VERY HOT IN A MICROWAVE AND CAN MELT OR DAMAGE YOUR CONTAINER) After Heating the oil Mix, place in the refrigerator for a short while, until cool.
- This ensures flavours are fully infused into the dressing.
- Break up lettuce and place in a salad Bowl.
- Place Onion, mushrooms, Potato/pasta and Avacodo into bowl and toss gently and thoroughly.
- Place tossed salad ingredients into serving bowls and add the remaining SALAD ingredients.
- Get the cold Oil Mix from the fridge and add the lemon Juice and Vinegar, and stir Thoroughly.
- (TIP put in a clean jam jar and shake vigourously) Your dressing is done.
- Drizzle the Dressing over the Salad, and hey Presto, You're done!
Good on ya mate. Fair dinkum tucker. Use a heavy hand on the balsamic and basil.
Great salad - we all had second helpings. Loved the dressing! Definately a keeper! Thanks so much!
i used the pasta instead of the potatoes and added more oil and vinegar to the dressing to season it up. was very good and indeed didn't provide that 'too full' feeling. it makes a lot of salad.