Recipe by GayCOOKA~!
A light Salad for the summer, a complete meal in itself. Tasty and refreshing. I made this one time when the temperature was far too high to turn the stove/oven on...it was 42C on that day... It was delicious and made me feel full but not that awful "heavy full" that one can't bear in Summer.
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into half rings
- 3 cold baked potatoes or 400 g cold cooked pasta
- 300 g raw button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, , cut into wedges
- 1 large avocado
- 250 g canned tuna, broken into bite sized pieces
- 35 ml balsamic vinegar
- lemon, juice of
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary (dried is ok)
- 1 pinch salt
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Olive oil, herbs salt, Salt, Pepper and Garlic into a Microwave proof jug/container and microwave for 10-20 seconds (BE CAREFUL NOT TO HEAT THIS TOO MUCH, OIL BECOMES VERY HOT IN A MICROWAVE AND CAN MELT OR DAMAGE YOUR CONTAINER) After Heating the oil Mix, place in the refrigerator for a short while, until cool.
- This ensures flavours are fully infused into the dressing.
- Break up lettuce and place in a salad Bowl.
- Place Onion, mushrooms, Potato/pasta and Avacodo into bowl and toss gently and thoroughly.
- Place tossed salad ingredients into serving bowls and add the remaining SALAD ingredients.
- Get the cold Oil Mix from the fridge and add the lemon Juice and Vinegar, and stir Thoroughly.
- (TIP put in a clean jam jar and shake vigourously) Your dressing is done.
- Drizzle the Dressing over the Salad, and hey Presto, You're done!