1/1 Photo of Aussie Tuna Summer Salad
A light Salad for the summer, a complete meal in itself. Tasty and refreshing. I made this one time when the temperature was far too high to turn the stove/oven on...it was 42C on that day... It was delicious and made me feel full but not that awful "heavy full" that one can't bear in Summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium romaine lettuce
- 1 red onion, sliced into half rings
- 3 cold baked potatoes or 400 g cold cooked pasta
- 300 g raw button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, , cut into wedges
- 1 large avocado
- 250 g canned tuna, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1Place Olive oil, herbs salt, Salt, Pepper and Garlic into a Microwave proof jug/container and microwave for 10-20 seconds (BE CAREFUL NOT TO HEAT THIS TOO MUCH, OIL BECOMES VERY HOT IN A MICROWAVE AND CAN MELT OR DAMAGE YOUR CONTAINER) After Heating the oil Mix, place in the refrigerator for a short while, until cool.
- 2This ensures flavours are fully infused into the dressing.
- 3Break up lettuce and place in a salad Bowl.
- 4Place Onion, mushrooms, Potato/pasta and Avacodo into bowl and toss gently and thoroughly.
- 5Place tossed salad ingredients into serving bowls and add the remaining SALAD ingredients.
- 6Get the cold Oil Mix from the fridge and add the lemon Juice and Vinegar, and stir Thoroughly.
- 7(TIP put in a clean jam jar and shake vigourously) Your dressing is done.
- 8Drizzle the Dressing over the Salad, and hey Presto, You're done!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Tuna Summer Salad
Serving Size: 1 (597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.4
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.5 mg
- Sodium 620.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.2 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 47.4 g