Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Australian Women's Weekely New Cookbook (which is now VERY old). September 09. I had this at a friend's place last week and she used prosciutto instead of regular ham-a really good substitution I'll be trying soon myself.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skin removed (about 200g each)
- seasoned all-purpose flour
- 90 g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 shallots or 3 spring onions
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- Dust chicken breasts with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter in frying pan; add crushed garlic and chicken; saute gently until chicken is lightly golden brown.
- Add wine; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 20 minutes or until chicken is tender; remove chicken from the pan.
- Trim ham and cheese to approximately same size as chicken.
- Put a slice of ham on each chicken fillet, then top with cheese.
- Put on a heatproof serving dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While chicken is in oven, bring liquid to the boil; boil uncovered until approximately a half a cup of liquid remains in pan.
- Reduce heat, add cream, chopped shallots and mustard; stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
Just delicious! I enjoyed making it and eating it! I can't wait to serve it for friends and family.
This was great! I forgot the cream so I didn't make the sauce, but even without it was soo good. I can't wait to try it with the sauce! Thanks for posting!
Absolutely loved this recipe. Used essance spice to season flour. Substituted yogurt for cream. Cut servings for chicken in half but made all the sauce. After pouring 2 Tbsp sauce over chicken, I added 1-2 Tbsp cream cheese to remaining sauce and added to 3-4 oz pasta. Flavours were very tasty.