Recipe by JustJanS
This is from the Australian Women's Weekely New Cookbook (which is now VERY old). September 09. I had this at a friend's place last week and she used prosciutto instead of regular ham-a really good substitution I'll be trying soon myself.
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skin removed (about 200g each)
- seasoned all-purpose flour
- 90 g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 3 shallots or 3 spring onions
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Dust chicken breasts with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter in frying pan; add crushed garlic and chicken; saute gently until chicken is lightly golden brown.
- Add wine; bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer covered 20 minutes or until chicken is tender; remove chicken from the pan.
- Trim ham and cheese to approximately same size as chicken.
- Put a slice of ham on each chicken fillet, then top with cheese.
- Put on a heatproof serving dish.
- Cook in a moderate oven, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- While chicken is in oven, bring liquid to the boil; boil uncovered until approximately a half a cup of liquid remains in pan.
- Reduce heat, add cream, chopped shallots and mustard; stir until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over chicken.