Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was making a stuffed French toast recipe & didn't think it would appeal to toddler DD so did hers this way instead. She ate it up with no fuss.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 1 teaspoon vegemite (use more or less according to taste)
- 50 g tasty cheddar cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Beat eggs & milk together & set aside.
- Spread one slice of bread with vegemite & top with cheese and the other slice of bread.
- Melt butter in a large pan. Gently dip assembled sandwiches into egg mixture, one side at a time and then add to frypan.
- Cook over medium heat 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
A while back I purchased a couple of jars of vegemite online & then was hesitant to use it! However, this will be my 2nd or 3rd recipe using it & I must say it takes a bit of time getting used to it! Still, it's interesting to work with, & this recipe does a nice number with it ~ I especially liked it with the winter wheat bread that I used, along with sharp cheddar! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Kid-friendly Recipe Cooking Tag]