Recipe by Nif
A "hamburger with the lot" is an Aussie take on an American classic.The famed burger is served in pubs, fish & chip shops and restaurants around the country. It usually consists of a juicy beef patty in a bun served with with cheese, sliced tomato, sliced, canned beetroot, onions, lettuce, bacon and an egg. Some versions are served with a slice of pineapple for that extra flavor of summer. I found this on an Australian website. Enjoy!
Top Review by CJAY
This is soooo good! It's a huge burger but oh, so tasty. I cooked the bacon in the microwave while the burgers were grilling. Then fried the eggs kind of over easy. I really liked the beets on it. I'll definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 lb ground beef, shaped into 4 patties
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices onions
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices beets (canned)
- 4 pineapple rings, canned (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut hamburger rolls in half and butter both sides. Toast both halves on the grill.
- Fry or grill the meat patties, the bacon and the onion slices.
- Flip the patties over and place cheese on top.
- Fry the eggs.
- On bottom half of each bun, add ketchup to taste.
- Assemble the hamburger from the bottom up: lettuce, tomato, beets, onions, pineapple and meat patty. Top with bacon, egg, cheese and bun top.