Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this while searching for recipes for my daughter who was missing Oz.
- 1 lb finely chopped beef
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup damper breadcrumbs, soaked
- 1 egg
- sprinkling dried onion flakes
- lard (fat)
- bread roll
- Place a shovel (or grill plate) over hot coals (or heat frying pan).
- Mix all ingredients and form into hamburger patties.
- Heat lard on shovel and fry the burgers til cooked.
- Warm buns over coals and spread butter lightly on both.
- Add burger patty, lettuce, cheese, tomato and beetroot and enjoy!
- Tip: You can add fried onion and tomato or bbq sauce, or anything else you like on your burgers.
This is a delicious burger but I cheated I pan fried it. I would love to make this on a shovel - I love the whole concept. I used Panko crumbs and loved the fried onion flakes in the burger. Garnished with sweet onion, tomato and YES Beets. They sound weird on a burger but they are really tasty. Of course I had cheese too Thanks Alskann for another burger that pops into my favorite burgers