Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I got from a friend in Perth. It is originally from her grandmother, tastes yummy and is easy to make.
- Preheat oven until very hot!
- Melt butter, beat egg in a bowl and add milk.
- Mix baking powder, sugar flour and salt in a bowl.
- Pour 1 into 2, mix - not too much.
- Tip onto bench/board that is floured.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Pat down to ca. 2cm thick.
- Cut out.
- Push together slightly.
- Bake in moderate / hot (225°C) oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with creme and jam (and tea!).
These scones were great! The dough was nice and smooth and the resulting scones were very light and fluffy inside. I served mine hot with butter and honey and enjoyed this breakfast treat - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
WOW what a wonderful scone recipe, Little Miss (DD) and I made these together and we both had so much fun. I used an egg replacer and lactose free milk but otherwise kept to the recipe. I had more then one cup of flour because the mixture was too watery but once I added the extra flour the dough was so soft and perfect. The only criticism I have was the instructions were a little hard to understand but it didn't take away from the scones. Thank you Jelly Belly Lees and please thank your grandmother for us as well.