Recipe by Jelly Belly Lees
This is a recipe I got from a friend in Perth. It is originally from her grandmother, tastes yummy and is easy to make.
Top Review by loof
These scones were great! The dough was nice and smooth and the resulting scones were very light and fluffy inside. I served mine hot with butter and honey and enjoyed this breakfast treat - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 225 g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 50 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven until very hot!
- Melt butter, beat egg in a bowl and add milk.
- Mix baking powder, sugar flour and salt in a bowl.
- Pour 1 into 2, mix - not too much.
- Tip onto bench/board that is floured.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Pat down to ca. 2cm thick.
- Cut out.
- Push together slightly.
- Bake in moderate / hot (225°C) oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve with creme and jam (and tea!).