Recipe by HeidiRenee
This comes from a dear friend down under - pumpkin in their world is actually what we in North America call squash - specifically "butternut" or something called "jap/kent" - which I have no NA translation for. It's spectacular and we need the carbs for my son to count for his diabetes so I'm placing it here.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups butternut squash, chopped and roasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 0.5 (10 ounce) jar pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 lb baby spinach leaves, wilted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Chop squash into 1" cubes.
- Toss with olive oil.
- Roast for 25 minutes (do not over cook or squash will be mushy when cooked on pizza).
- Toast pinenuts in pan on stove, careful not to leave as they can burn easily.
- While squash is roasting mix crust ingredients together to make firm dough.
- Press onto cookie sheet.
- Spread basil pesto over base.
- Remove squash from oven.
- Turn oven heat down to 350.
- Scatter roast squash, feta, pinenuts & spinach over top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.