Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
light crispy potatoes better than the packet sort!
- Peel the potatoes and slice super thin (must be very thin for this to work).
- Place slices into a large bowl and cover with cold tap water then add the 3 table spoons of salt mix the potatoes up a little with your hand.
- Leave potatoes to soak for about 1 hour.
- Drain water and place a few potatoes at a time onto a clean dry tea towel and pat dry making sure they get dried really well and when all the potatoes are dry wrap them up into another dry tea towel while you wait for the oil to heat.
- You need a deep fryer with a basket.
- When oil is ready place potatoes into oil and deep fry for about 3 minutes then lift basket out and allow to drip for about 2 minutes Repeat this step 3 times or until potatoes are goldern and crisp.
- You must dip and drip like this 3 or more times and leave the fryer on so oil stays hot.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- You may need to do this in batches and you can place crisps into a warm oven to keep hot.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve -- YUM!
- You can vary this recipe and add spices at the end of cooking for a different treat my childern love them with chicken salt.
These were really yummy! We had them for lunch with some sausages. I used plain rock salt, but next time we have them, i'm going to try using the chicken salt!