1/4 Photos of Aussie Pepper Steak / Steak With Creamy Pepper Sauce
This sauce is so tasty and is great with chips or mash. I looked on zaar for a pepper steak recipe but only found stir-fry's with capsicum so I came up with my own. I have said that this recipe is for 2 servings because I have 1 steak and my fiance has 2. It also makes a lot of sauce which we like so you could easily cook another 1 or 2 steaks and still have enough sauce to cover them all as well as the chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season raw steaks with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- 2Melt butter with oil in pan, add steak and cook to you liking. Remove and set aside.
- 3Turn heat to medium. Add flour to the pan to make a roux with the pan juices, let cook for 1 minute.(only add enough flour to thicken the mix, don't put so much that it makes the mixture "crumbly" because the flour can overtake the taste and you will end up needing more stock or water).
- 4Begin adding the stock bit by bit, whisking constantly so it doesn't get lumpy. It will be quite thin once all the stock is added.
- 5Add pepper steak seasoning to your taste and mix in to the gravy. Keep whisking.
- 6Add cream and thicken to your liking on a low / medium heat.
- 7Re-heat steaks in the micorwave for about 30 sec's if you haven't kept them warm.
- 8Serve with chips or potato mash.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Pepper Steak / Steak With Creamy Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 412.1
- Calories from Fat 381
- Total Fat 42.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 797.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: