Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
If you like mangos try this one. I'm sure you could make the mango pulp out of fresh ripe mangos if you have them.
- 6 ounces butter, softened
- 1 cup fine sugar
- 4 eggs
- 6 ounces mango pulp (can or fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried mango
- Grease a 6"x9" baking pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. One by one, add in the eggs.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and then spread mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
- Cool pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto cooling rack.
What a truly wonderful bread Bellinda. It was perfect. Great flavor and texture. It was quick and easy to make, with excellent results. What a lovely moist bread this is...perfect with a cup of tea. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe.
What a fabulous cake/bread - incredibly moist and the recipe made a very generous and not too dense cake. I used a combo of pureed mango and pureed apricot - both tinned - with a great fruity result !! Thanks, made for ZWT5
We enjoyed the taste of this bread as is, but would like to make it another time & throw in a half cup or so of golden raisins ~ What can I say but that I LOVE raisins! Also, I served thin slices & managed to get 10 from the loaf! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed while in Australia during the ZWT5]