Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is being posted for ZWT II & the source is fooddownunder.com. I picked it because Iceland is "rich" in wonderful lamb, it used ingredients I could obtain easily & we love both the flavor & ease of grilling our lamb. (Passive time includes 15 minutes to marinate)
- 2 tablespoons currant jam (or jelly)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 lamb loin chops (3 lbs, cut 1-inch thick & trimmed)
- 6 slices pineapple (1/2-inch thick)
- In a sml bowl, combine currant jam, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard & Worcestershire sauce. Place lamb chops in lrg resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over lamb chops. Close bag & marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove lamb from marinade & discard.
- Place lamb & pineapple slices in center of cooking grate. Grill pineapple for 5-7 minutes or till grill marks appear, turning once halfway thru grilling time.
- Grill lamb chops 7-9 minutes for rare (140 degrees), 10-13 minutes for medium (160 degrees) or 14-17 minutes for medium-well (170 degrees). Turn once halfway thru grilling time. Serve lamb chops w/grilled pineapple rings.
- NOTE: Don't "over-marinate". You want to enhance the lamb flavor, not mask it!
Great recipe, a really nice blend of flavours! I cooked outside on the BBQ and the marinade was a nice consistency to stick to the meat without leaving a mess.
Being an ex-kiwi and now living in Australia, we love our lamb. This is an excellent recipe and the lamb chops were so very tender. We cooked outside on our BBQ. Excellent recipe and a winner with our family.
The marinade imparted a nice, rich flavour to the lamb that really suited it. I also grilled papaya and butternut squash strips, along with the pineapple and dressed the fruit and veggies with a red-onion/balsamico vinaigrette to accompany the meat. Dinner was sensational!