Recipe by twissis
This recipe is being posted for ZWT II & the source is fooddownunder.com. I picked it because Iceland is "rich" in wonderful lamb, it used ingredients I could obtain easily & we love both the flavor & ease of grilling our lamb. (Passive time includes 15 minutes to marinate)
- 2 tablespoons currant jam (or jelly)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 12 lamb loin chops (3 lbs, cut 1-inch thick & trimmed)
- 6 slices pineapple (1/2-inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a sml bowl, combine currant jam, ketchup, soy sauce, brown sugar, mustard & Worcestershire sauce. Place lamb chops in lrg resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over lamb chops. Close bag & marinate in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Remove lamb from marinade & discard.
- Place lamb & pineapple slices in center of cooking grate. Grill pineapple for 5-7 minutes or till grill marks appear, turning once halfway thru grilling time.
- Grill lamb chops 7-9 minutes for rare (140 degrees), 10-13 minutes for medium (160 degrees) or 14-17 minutes for medium-well (170 degrees). Turn once halfway thru grilling time. Serve lamb chops w/grilled pineapple rings.
- NOTE: Don't "over-marinate". You want to enhance the lamb flavor, not mask it!