Recipe by *Marli*
I love to cook stews & this is a favourite. It has a lovely rich & tangy flavour. From 'Country Treasures' cookbook.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did this with beef and simply threw everything in the slow cooker but also added carrots & zucchini. I love the sweetness the vinegar & sugar gave it, just as if apple or sultana had been added, a lovely mild tasting curry, perfect for kids!
- 1 kg shoulder lamb chop
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup beef stock
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled & chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim chops of any fat.
- Mix flour with salt& pepper, curry powder and ginger and coat chops with the mixture.
- Heat half of the butter in a heavy based pan& brown lamb chops on both sides.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add remaining butter to pan and cook onion gently until soft.
- Return lamb to pan.
- Mix vinegar, sauces, sugar and stock and pour over lamb.
- Cover, bring to simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- Skim any fat off surface and pumpkin.
- Cover and cook for a further 30 minutes or until lamb chops and pumpkin are tender.
- Serve with hot damper and mashed potato.