Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 mins
Every now and then, I just have to have a hamburger! It's got to be good! And preferably homemade. This is a Jeremy Vincent recipe and it tastes great! When making the burger remember to gauge the diameter of the pattie against the size of your the bun. Tomato chutney can be used instead of sauce and I love adding a fried egg to my burger! Of course the thickness of the burger may alter the cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 500 g beef mince
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, halved diagonally
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, sliced
- onion, sliced
- cooked bacon
- beetroot, slices
- tomato sauce
- mustard (optional)
- Combine the chopped onion, chilli sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and beaten egg in a large bowl. Crumble the beef mince over the mixture and mix well and shape mix into four patties.
- Grill or pan fry over medium heat for 6 minutes on each side until the juices run clear. Remember also to toast your hamburger bun's!
- During the last minute of cooking, top each pattie with two triangles of cheddar cheese and one triangle of Swiss cheese.
- Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, bacon, beetroot, tomato sauce and mustard if desired.
Very good burger. Texture reminded me more of meatloaf than a hamburger, but the flavors were really good. I didn't have any beetroot, but other than that I made the recipe as written. Made for December 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
O'kay I didnot make strictly as written, I had to omit the onion from the burger mix due to introlerance factors but found the mix to be very sloppy so added some dried bread crumbs till I got the consistency that I thought was right. DH cooked the burgers on the barbie so the cheese didn't get added till plating up time (and yes I forgot the Swiss cheese - actually didn't have any) and used barbecue sauce instead of tomato (our preference) but the DH and I looked at each other while eating and almost in unison said there is something missing to make it a true true Aussie burger - A FRIED EGG, otherwise thoroughly enjoyed, thank you Tisme, made for Please Make My Recipe tag game.