Recipe by Vicki in CT
Macadamia Nuts. These buttery-rich, slightly sweet nuts are from the macadamia tree, a native of Australia. From Master Cooks.
Top Review by helowy
We enjoyed these cookies. I really liked that they were a smaller yield recipe that was very easy to throw together. Not very sweet, which I like. More crumbly than I was expecting from the word fudgy, but a decent amount of chocolate flavor nonetheless. Made for ZWT5.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350º. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, chocolate and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.