Recipe by Kaccy G.
Rebecca posted this on the web. I ate this the other night and I LOVED IT! It was awesome. Try it. The recipe is very similar to a chicken dish served at a local well-known restaurant.
Top Review by Barb G.
Wow, Kccy this is the best chicken, I have made it twice now. The last time I served it to company. They LOVED it and commented on what a gourmet dish. It is very easy to make and can be made ahead and and baked. Thank you for a great easy to make recipe. This went into my recipe book.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the chicken breasts with the seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until crisp; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
- Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the breasts in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove from skillet and place the breasts into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Apply the honey mustard sauce to each breast, then layer each breast with mushrooms and bacon.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.