1/8 Photos of Aussie Chicken
Rebecca posted this on the web. I ate this the other night and I LOVED IT! It was awesome. Try it. The recipe is very similar to a chicken dish served at a local well-known restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Rub the chicken breasts with the seasoning salt, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 3Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- 4Cook over medium high heat until crisp; set aside.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
- 6Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
- 7Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 8Place the breasts in the skillet and saute for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- 9Remove from skillet and place the breasts into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 10Apply the honey mustard sauce to each breast, then layer each breast with mushrooms and bacon.
- 11Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
- 12Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
- 13Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aussie Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.4
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.7 mg
- Sodium 1014.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: