Recipe by HeliWif
This has got to be the best recipe card in my files! I got this recipe from another website, I've changed it to my family's liking.
Top Review by blakesle
This was very tasty but incredibly rich. I will make it on occasion becuase I don't think my body can stand the calorie count! There was lots of sauce which I would use over noodles or rice next time. Different flavours from what I am used to. Thanks for posting
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml seasoning salt
- 6 slice bacon, halved
- 118.29 ml honey
- 59.14 ml prepared mustard
- 59.14 ml light corn syrup
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt.
- Set chicken aside.
- In a medium-large skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Set bacon aside.
- Drain the majority of the bacon grease and cook the chicken breasts in the same skillet.
- Cook on both sides until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mustard, honey, light corn syrup, mayonnaise, and dried onion flakes.
- Mix well.
- When chicken breasts are browned, place them in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread half of the mustard mixture on the breasts.
- Reserve the rest of the mustard mixture to serve later.
- Layer with bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or when the cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with reserved mustard mixture-- enjoy!