Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This has got to be the best recipe card in my files! I got this recipe from another website, I've changed it to my family's liking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rub the chicken breasts with seasoning salt.
- Set chicken aside.
- In a medium-large skillet cook bacon until crisp.
- Set bacon aside.
- Drain the majority of the bacon grease and cook the chicken breasts in the same skillet.
- Cook on both sides until browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine mustard, honey, light corn syrup, mayonnaise, and dried onion flakes.
- Mix well.
- When chicken breasts are browned, place them in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread half of the mustard mixture on the breasts.
- Reserve the rest of the mustard mixture to serve later.
- Layer with bacon, mushrooms and cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes, or when the cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Serve with reserved mustard mixture-- enjoy!
This was very tasty but incredibly rich. I will make it on occasion becuase I don't think my body can stand the calorie count! There was lots of sauce which I would use over noodles or rice next time. Different flavours from what I am used to. Thanks for posting
This tastes FANTASTIC!!! My husband and I absolutely love this recipe! The tastes all go excellent together and it is definately one of our favorites. I don't change a thing when I make it and we don't think it could be improved at all!
My DH said this was the best homecooked meal he ever had. I took the mods off of the Allrecipes site. I marinated in seasoning salt, worsteshire sauce, lemon juice (no lime) and garlic for an hour. The browned in bacon grease, cooked covered for 45 min then added toppings. I've never seen my DH so happy :).