Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this Carrot Cake Recipe when I was living in Alice Springs,somewhere between 85' and 87' I have made it so many time I have broken a barrel to a salad shooter. It is really, really good and not very hard to make at all. I usually shred extra carrots and stick them in the freezer for an extra cake a month or two down the road.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat eggs& Sugar, add oil gradually.
- Mix dry ingredients and then add slowly.
- Add carrots last.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minute Frosting:.
- Mix all together.
This is one of my favourite carrot cakes. It's really filling. I love the addition of cinnamon in this recipe. I have not tried the frosting, but just the cake. Thanks for sharing!