Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a recipe from the Sunbeam Pie maker book. I have tried it and it is delicious.
- 220 g beef steaks, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 100 g mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Toss steak in combined flour, stock powder & pepper.
- Heat oil in frypan, cook steak and onions until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for approx 10 mins or until tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- To make pies follow pie maker instructions, If you don't have instructions I have listed below what I do.
- Pre heat Pie Maker.
- I use shortcrust for the base of the pie and Flaky pastry for the top.
- When pie maker is up to temperature, place shortcrust pastry in the pie mould.
- Place a 1/3 of a cup of filling in the mould.
- Top with puff pastry.
- Cook for 6-10 mins or until pastry is golden brown. Cooking time can vary with different piemakes.
wonderful recipe! came together well, made the pies in a texas muffin tin, (6) used shortcrust for the bottom and puff for the top. The fact that I THOUGHT I was defrosting 2 rib steaks, and then found it was a lump of eye fillet, probably added to the flavour :) this is a real keeper!
Yumbo!! We really enjoyed these pies, Honni. I tripled the recipe and put 7 pies in the freezer for lunches. I used rump steak and added a couple of minced garlic cloves. Don't have a pie-maker so just used little pie trays and baked in a 200C oven for 20 minutes. Delicious!!!