Recipe by Jewelies
The typical Aussie burger with the works, beetroot included. Try it, you just might like it!
Top Review by foodymoody
If you like to eat big things this burger is for you! My boyfriend and I thought the Aussie Burgers tasted great ! CAUTION: Make sure to have a big mouth to fit in the Aussie Burger! A big fat thanks! to Jewelies.
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- salt and pepper
Topping for Burgers
- 40 g butter
- 2 large onions, cut in thin rings
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed
- 4 large hamburger buns, halved
- shredded lettuce, for serving
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large pickled beets, sliced, drained (out of tin)
- 4 pineapple rings, drained
- ketchup, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, chopped onion, egg, breadcrumbs, ketchup, steak seasoning, salt and pepper in bowl, mix with hands to combine.
- Divide mixture into 4 and shape into round patties.
- Heat 1/2 butter in pan, add onion rings and cook over medium heat until browned, drain, keep warm.
- Heat skillet or grill (broiler), brush with oil.
- Cook patties 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked through, place cheese slice on each patty.
- While patties are cooking heat remaining butter in skillet and fry eggs and bacon until cooked.
- Toast buns and place bases on serving plates.
- On each bun place lettuce, tomato, beetroot, pineapple, then meat patty, onion rings, bacon, egg and finally bun top.
- Add extra ketchup.
- Enjoy with an icy cold beer!