Recipe by Brenda.
Hamburgers may be American in origin, but Aussies have created their own hearty version.
Top Review by Sarah_Jayne
Well, time me kangaroo down! This was one heck of a burger. I had heard about these Aussie burgers for years (living in London there are a lot of Aussie expats here) but wasn't sure if the mix would make me chunder or smile. In the spirit of the ZWT, I decided to give it a try and I am happy to report a bonza smile and no chunder whatsoever! There was so much going on in this burger that I wasn't sure I would be able to get it all in the bun. It was a tight fit and I needed to wear a bib but I managed. I liked that the burger itself was just beef and a bit of seasoning. With so much going on with the toppings putting much more in the mix would have been a waste. I used extra lean beef to counteract the guilt of cheese, bacon and egg! It was so filling that I skipped the fries. Made for Chow Hounds on ZWT5.
- 2 kaiser rolls
- 2 eggs, fried (keep warm)
- 2 -4 slices bacon (fried or microwaved until desired crispness.)
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 2 slices cheese, your choice
- 2 pineapple rings
- 2 slices onions
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 2 slices beetroots (red beet)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Kaiser rolls and set aside.
- Divide ground beef into 2 equal portions and shape into patties.
- Fry or grill until desired doneness.
- Place cooked patties on the kaiser roll. Stack all the other ingredients on top of patty in any order and top with ketchup.