Recipe by Peter J
An Australian beef burger that puts all the flavour in the burger and can be served with plain sides like bread and a little sauce. This is quite a mild tasting burger, if serving for people who enjoy hot foods add chili sauce and/or chopped chili.
Top Review by bshemyshua
I chose this as one of my recipes for the recipe swap #2, and I have to agree that these ingredients do put all the flavor in the burger. My husband is a big burger fan so I made this just for the 2 of us. We really enjoyed these. The only changes I made was to add 2 TBLS. worcestershire sauce. I have no desire to stand at the barbecue in snowy weather so I broiled these and added 1 tsp. liquid smoke to make up for not barbecuing.I will definetly be making these again. Thanks for sharing this Peter.
- 500 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 small carrot, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients very well in a bowl and place in refrigerator for an hour or so (optional).
- Form into burgers the size and shape of your liking, keeping them rounder but fairly flat helps them cook throughout.
- Cook on a BBQ or grill around 7 minutes per side or until done to your preference. The carrot and onion make this a little crumblier than some burgers so turn carefully.