Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
From the wikibooks site article on searching for the best Mai Tai cocktail, this is the Australian version that differs from the original recipe in that it uses fresh mint leaves and spiced rum (instead of dark rum), and it's garnished with a delicious spear of mulled pineapple.
- 2 shots good quality spiced rum
- 1 fluid ounce Cointreau liqueur
- 1 fluid ounce orgeat syrup
- splash agave syrup
- 1⁄2 lime, juice
- 2 -3 sprigs mint
- mulled pineapple (optional garnish) or fresh pineapple (optional garnish)
- Precool a Low-Ball glass with ice.
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker including the mint (mint must bruise with ice). Shake vigorously and pour into the Low-Ball glass over ice.
- Serve with a cocktail spear of mulled pineapple or fresh pineapple chunks.
My 17 yo's all dressed up for a date. If she looked any hotter in her new dress she'd burn to the ground. I need another one... Made for ZWT#8~AU/NZ.