Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
Ok this is so yummy for a different breakfast or take it to a picnic. It's something that the whole family will eat. Yum
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 125 g butter, chopped
- cold water
- 3 slices bacon, chopped, with rind removed
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter and rub until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add enough cold water to mix into a firm dough. Knead lightly; wrap in greaseproof paper or foil and chill in refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Divide dough into halves and roll out one half to fit into a 23-centimeter tart plate.
- Sprinkle bacon over the base.
- Lightly whisk the eggs with a fork or a wire whisk to break up.
- Stir in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the bacon and sprinkle with the onion and parsley. Moisten the edges of the pastry with water.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry to form a lid.
- Cover and press the edges together to seal and crimp all around.
- Brush with milk.
- Cut two slits in top to release the steam.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the temperature to moderate and then cook for another 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serves hot or cold.