Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
My version of this old fashioned favourite.
Make and share this Aussie Apricot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 190c.
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof pan (with a lid) and cook onion and garlic over medium heat until onion is softened (about 5 minutes), Stir.
- Mix the curry powder and flour together in a bag then add in the chicken and toss well.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook it until it changes colour. Add the dry soup mix and stir to coat all the chicken, then the nectar stirring really well. Bring to the boil and simmer until the mix thickens.
- Put the lid on and place in the preheated oven. Cook for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, stir through the parsley, then serve over plenty of mash or rice (mash is my favourite).
- *You can add in dried or canned apricots, but we prefer it without.
Jan, after choosing this recipe, I noticed it contained curry powder. I was tempted to leave it out, because my only experience with curry in the past was a dish I ordered out that was anything but enjoyable. Because of that, I have never had a bottle of curry powder in my spice rack at home. Well, thankfully my 14 year old daughter and right hand gal in the kitchen told me I really should pick up some curry, and make the recipe as written. I loved the flavor of the curry in this dish! I subbed a different onion soup mix as it is the only brand I have found that does not contain MSG. The only other change I made was to cook it all on the stove top as I did not want heat up the house by using the oven. I will definitely be making this again in the near future. Made and reviewed for the AUS/NZ Recipe Swap #64
I followed the recipe exactly, although I added chives instead of parsley (because DH picked the wrong thing...lol).
We enjoyed this with rice for our dinner tonight! Such an easy recipe to prepare and make. Everoyone loved this, and especially DH, who would like this again but next time he would like some added cashews on top.
There will be a fight for the leftover's tomorrow for sure with this recipe Jan!